Some of Nikon websites have published a teaser for their new Nikon DSLR to be released in August 2006.
Nikon Japan has a counter set to 20 days to go (as of 20.07.06), and theyÂ say:
- More power
- More control
- More versatile
- More excitement
- Next Nikon
- New 10.2 megapixel D-SLR addition to the lineup
- Integrating quality and affordability to meet the demands of passionate photo enthusiasts
Nikon USA also has the same teaser up.
Nikon Europe has different teaser (make sure the sound is turned on), and they say:
- Are you ready for something new?
- A 4seohunt.com/www/www.herfina.com camera that doesn’t dissapoint.
D80 (August 2006)
- 10mp DX at 3 fps
- Otherwise similar specs to D70s
- New 18-70mm VR, 70-300mm VR lens
Looks like Thom’s prediction is quiet close to the reality. It will be announced in August 2006 and it will be 10.2 MP. Lets see if his other predictionsÂ are right.
Although I’m not planning to buy this new camera, as I just bought my D200 beginning of this year, it’s always interesting to see a new camera coming up.
HAVE FUN NIKONIANS 😀